Monday, November 3, 2008

What I Love the Most

Through the Years and Far Away


The places you go

and the things you see

aren’t always remembered.

Losing track of time,

forgetting the names of your past,

we move on in life.


Hearing an old favorite,

you remember things long forgotten.

You remember jamming out to the song

with your friends in the car,

those pointless conversations

and all the memories shared.


Digging deeper and deeper,

trying to remember,

you dig up old writings from high school days,

a time long gone.

Story after story,

poem after poem,

you read on.


A young, youthful voice is heard throughout,

having a life of its own,

dancing its way through emotion after emotion,

and speaking to whomever would listen.

A Calling from a time long past.


From the wolves to the angels,

mountains and forests,

family to family,

passion to tragedy,

a voice calls out from another time.


Smiling at what was uncovered,

you remember all the feelings and emotions

of events long over.

From the first time you drove alone

to the time your parents busted you for all the friends in the car.

From the first date

to the first time you shared a kiss with your love.

From walking around the pond by your house

to sitting by a quiet lake in the mountains,

you laugh and you cry.


* * *


Through the ups and downs of life

I wait, I watch, and I live.

The memories we keep invoke emotions

that, sometimes, can only be understood by us.

The time we spend with others is never meaningless

and can never be taken away.


Loving,

hating,

laughing,

and crying

are ultimately part of the never-ending,

never-fading circle of life.


Through all the chaos,

all the music,

through all the tears

and the smiles,

we live.


Through the years and far away,

this is where I write,

this is where I breathe,

and this is where I live

for another time.

No comments: