Never-Fading
You don’t know what you have until it’s gone,
or so it is said.
Little do we know
how painfully close that truth really is.
Getting caught up in world of today
and forgetting what is really important
is an easy thing to do,
Someone we love can just slip away
and never come back.
Looking back at such times
we think about many things
and look over our own lives
trying to find answers to impossible questions.
We remember the things we said,
and the things we should have said,
all the while knowing
that we would never have another chance
to make things right.
Yet,
I can’t help but think that we do.
We live very long lives
filled with many different experiences,
people come and go
and life goes on.
We keep on living
in hopes of seeing of seeing a better tomorrow
and finding the meaning in our own lives.
It’s more than that though,
as there are many hidden wonders in the world.
Many people live their lives
not knowing if they made a difference,
and we may not notice the ones who hold us dear.
Who keep going just to see us again.
If not for our sake,
then for the sake of those we have influenced
we will keep on living.
We may never be able to say we are sorry,
or say goodbye,
but we have been given a second chance.
The ones we love are still with us,
our friends are still here for us,
and life is still beating in us.
There is still time to say we are sorry,
to forgive,
and to make our peace
with those we care about.
Let this be a calling from the ones who have come before us,
so that someday,
when we come to the end,
we can have the peace of mind
knowing that we made a difference.

8 comments:
no words can explain how true and beautiful this is.
it left me in tears.
thats all i can say.
K.T. says:
Your thoughts ring so true. They are ones we should keep close as we encounter friends and strangers alike in our life lived here in this physical world.
Let us also have the peace of knowing that Alyssa has joined the spirit world filled with the peace and love of our creator. That she is now surrounded by and filled with a peace,a love, a joy much greater than we can possibly imagine. She is embraced in the endless love of Christ and that truly will never fade. K.T.
Kevin, thank you for writing a poem. I know that sounds odd because it was your choice to, but it seems like this is what everybody 'needed to say.' This is so beautiful and rings so true.
Rest in Peace, Alyssa.
Kevin.You are such a sweetie. This poem was written beautifully and I'm so glad that you decided to write it. This whole experience feels so sudden. Thank you for putting words to my and I'm sure, everyone's thoughts. You do a very good job of it, thanks...
Kevin, this is beautiful. One of the last conversations I had with Alyssa was about this class and how much we were both going to miss it. Thank you for writing this. She will definitely be missed. RIP Alyssa.
This is absolutly beautiful Kevin. It's so had to believe she is gone. But she has shown us not to take things for granted. She is in a much better place but she will be missed terribly and remembered in our hearts forever.
Thank you so much for yur beautiful poem. You are a very insightful person. Alyssa was my beautiful shining star and yes we don't really know what we have until it is gone. Ilove her butI did not realize how many others loved her too and how caring she was to others. I got the at home Alyssa which was often time sweet and loving but I also got the I'm mad at so and so I hate my job etc... and yes I took it for granted that she would be here tomorrow. I always said I Love You, but now I feel not enough. My heart is breaking I feel it breaking because my baby girl is gone and it will be a long time until I see her again. I am so happy for all the friends she had and encourage you all to hold close to eachother and never forget Alyssa.
Thank You,
Dori Beattie Alyssa's Mom
hey Kevin
you don't know me. But your dad and my mom work together. My mom's name is Michelle. Anyways, she gave me the address to your blog because I knew Alyssa. And I just wanted to let you know that your writing is amazing, and this was very touching to read.
Post a Comment